- Your piece was hand finished and therefore delicate in nature. Please treat it with care to improve its longevity.
- Most of our chains/ hooks are made out of 14K gold filled.
- Gold filled components contain a greater percentage more real gold than gold plated components and are very durable and tarnish resistant.
- Care of Gold Filled Jewelry
Gold filled jewelry is cared for in the same manner as other precious jewelry. The absolutely best thing you can do for your Gold Filled jewelry is to clean regularly using a little bit of warm water, and a soft cloth to dry and shine after. Many chemicals marketed for cleaning jewelry are actually somewhat abrasive or corrosive and can cause some damage or color alteration to your jewelry. The best way to avoid this is to keep it simple. Warm water and a soft cloth are the best thing you can do to maintain the beauty of your jewelry.
-How long will my Gold Filled jewelry last?
Under normal wearing conditions, and with proper care, your gold filled jewelry can last a lifetime. It does not chip or peel easily as gold plated jewelry does. Heavy wear and rough conditions will of course impact how your jewelry looks. This is true no matter what your jewelry is made of.
- Things to avoid with your jewelry
To maintain the beauty of your jewelry, whether it is gold filled or solid gold, salt water, chlorine (swimming pools) and all heavy detergents and cleaning agents should be avoided.
- Bronze, brass and sterling silver items can be cleaned by purchasing a cleaning solution in a jewelry store.
- Do not clean plated jewelry with chemicals, instead gently wipe with a damp towel.
- It is best to keep your jewelry in a dry clean pouch or bag when not in used.
- Do not swim, bathe, or shower in your jewelry and avoid unnecessary exposure to heat and moisture where possible.
- You can always send your jewelry back to us for deep cleaning.